Dream catchers are traditional crafts that are used to filter out bad dreams when you sleep at night. Apart from the catchers that can be hung in your room, you will now find the dream catchers in the form of necklaces and even bracelets so you are able to wear them with you whenever and wherever to keep bad omens at bay. When it comes to the catcher, materials that are used have symbolic importance that can be specific to the wearer or age. You therefore want to choose accordingly to make sure you end with the best dream catcher.
Crotchet dream catchers tend to be most popular probably because of their attractive looks. You can choose from a huge range of patterns or be creative enough to crotchet your own unique pattern if you have a little crocheting skill. But whether you choose to go with ready patterns or you feel challenged enough to put together your own dream catcher, a few important tips will help you emerge with the best results in the end.
1. Choose a crochet hook that appeal to you most. These hooks are never equally created and the different features can appeal differently to different people. You therefore should go for a hook that works for you or for the person that you intend to buy or make the dream catcher for.
2. The crotchet hook size should also matter before you start on the crotchet pattern you find most suitable. The sizes are in different needle and hook sizes commonly used in fabric crocheting. Find out what options you are and then make your choice accordingly.
3. Think about the crotchet yarn weight. The yarn that you use or yarn that is already used in your pattern can determine the overall look of your pattern. Thick yarns can make very sturdy and durable dream catchers and give off beautiful patterns. Thinner yarns on the other hand can be very easy to work with when crocheting and can give a dream catcher that is just as beautiful and attractive even though they may not be as strong.
4. To get a more versatile dream catcher, consider creating a dream catcher that has an adjustable ring. This may take a little skill to achieve, but in the end you will be happy with how versatile the dream catcher becomes.
5. Use proper resources to get your crotchet right. There is very good sources online, where you can get step by step guidance on how to put together your pattern. With such guidance, you will have an easy time achieving your desired pattern even without much prior crocheting experience.
Crotchet dream catcher patterns are not that hard to make, especially when you have some guidance around it or you have a creative pattern that you think you can pull off. If you are not up to the challenge you can still find ready crotchet patterns that you can choose from to have the best dream catcher for your preferred use.
Crotchet dream catcher patterns are handmade and very creative for that matter. You can have your preferred pattern, colors and materials incorporated into your catcher so you have a unique piece in the end.